The mission of the Lucy Burns Institute is to empower our audience to engage in democracy by delivering exceptionally high quality information.
- The truth is not partisan.
- People seek truth and use it in positive, powerful, and unforeseen ways.
- Informed voters are the foundation of democracy. Positive change starts with them.
- Democratic self-governance is not the work of a day; it requires optimism, persistence, and the long view.
- The online environment is an extraordinary opportunity to reach voters with comprehensive facts, information, and context.